Sunrise Number 1 (digital single, 2011)
“Sunrise Number 1” is the winning song of the “Space Rock” contest by NASA.
Listen and download
|01 – Sunrise Number 1 (2:38)||download|
Our space adventure
Of the 1,350 songs submitted from around the world, “Sunrise Number 1” was chosen by NASA as one of ten finalists!
The winner was then chosen by a world wide internet vote. Our song won, receiving almost 790,000 votes!
Our song was then played aboard Space Shuttle Endeavour, to awaken the astronauts on the final day of the spaceship’s final mission!
Music from “Weatherman”. Additional recording, mixing and mastering in ACME, January 2011.
- Jorge Otero – vocals, electric, acoustic and 12 string guitars, mandolin, claps, bell, and background vocals
- Pablo Bertrand – piano, Hammond organ, Wurlitzer electric piano, claps
- Dani Menéndez – electric guitar
- Danny Montgomery – drums
- Rafa Sánchez – fretless and electric bass
With Miguel Herrero – flügelhorn, trumpet, glockenspiel, tambourine, shaker, whistling, vocal and wind arrangements.
Music and lyrics: Jorge Otero.
Join and download our double EP
Join our mailing list, so we can tell you about our shows and new records. We'll send you our double EP "Wading The River / The Lay Of The Land" for free.
- Instant download: we will email you a download link
- We’ll only email you about once a month
- We’ll never give your email address to anybody
- You can unsubscribe anytime
In the press
No other Spanish band has reached this far, literally. Stormy Mondays will sound in space. After several weeks of voting, the group has won the first place in the competition held by NASA to be played in the Endeavour Space Shuttle, in its mission number 25, the last of its history.
Sunrise Nº 1, a bright pop-rock composition with a vivid horn section, will be played on June 1st, when the Endeavour will have completed 24 years of service in orbit and will be ready for its final destination: the Science Museum in California.
- Fernando Navarro for El País.
You have legal permission to copy, distribute and transmit every musical composition and sound recording included in this website, under the following conditions:
- Attribution: the author should appear duly accredited, with the name of the band and a link to this website.
- Non commercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No derivative works: the work can not be altered , transformed or extended.
- This license must be included in every copy.